Monday, June 9, 2014

June 9, 2014

Hey there everyone!

What a week! Full of ups and downs, but mostly ups, so it is okay.

We recently met a family from Pakistan. Khalid and his son Yasir. They are so incredibly prepared for the gospel. The only problem is we have to find out if they are in danger or not, and if they are we can't teach them....and there is a really high chance they are in danger. I am praying everything will work out.

I had the opportunity to interview a man named Ranjit (Ron-Jay) yesterday for baptism. This man is incredible. He has been coming to church for a 2-3 months and he is such a good man. He has had a really hard life and he just hit rock bottom when his wife left him for another man, and took nearly everything he had. Me and Elder Olsen were talking about how when God's children really need him, he will send us to them to share with them the gospel. We experienced this as well when we met a man who was drunk and had just been beaten up really bad.

I know that this church is true. I know that the restored gospel changed peoples lives into exactly what they need, even if they don't know it yet. I love this church, and I feel it such a privilege to be out here every single day representing my Saviour.

I love you guys!

Elder Gurney
 
This country is beautiful.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment