Monday, October 13, 2014

October 6, 2014

So it has kind of been a slow week here in Huddersfield, but to be honest there isn't really such thing as a mission being slow. So it was great!

Conference was great. Still haven't watched the last session but I will soon. I just loved the talks. I don't know if the General Authorities are getting more bold, or if I am just listening more.

Did you know it is easier for me to give a talk than to write this email? I just thought I'd throw that out there. I never know what to say.

I love being a missionary. I love living where the church is small.

Oh something really interesting happened this week! So a few weeks ago we received a referral from the mission office. We tried to contact him several times but only ever found his daughters in. The family was Sikh and the daughters just told us to come to their Sikh temple one night to meet their dad, so we did. We got a tour of the temple and had a chance to see and experience their culture. Then they gave us pizza. They were all such nice people and it helped me realized how nervous people must feel when we invite them to church (I was nervous and I am a missionary!). Now I can sympathize a bit better. In the end the man wasn't actually interested in the gospel, but it was still a great experience.

Love you guys!
Elder Gurney

Where did these come from?
 
Not bad to be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment