Monday, February 3, 2014

January 20, 27, February 3

February 3, 2014

So the computer cut my time short so I only have like 7 minutes. I will try and log back in but we will see. 

This week has been really slow. Me and Elder Sim have both been sick. First him then me. But we have also seen a lot of miracles as well.

So Jeane is a friend of Christine a member from church. Jeane has started attending church, even when Christine can't (health problems) and she even came to a baptism last week! We will hopefully start teaching her soon.

I am really happy and I have been thinking a lot about progress lately and I have been seeing myself become a little more complacent so I am going to really focus on just improving on the little and big things this week.

Love you guys!


Elder Gurney



January 27, 2014

Another week in the great north east!

Well Elder Sim was sick for like half of it so it was actually not very busy. But on Wednesday-friday I was in Newcastle on exchange. Such a great city. We probably walked 500 miles. I was there with Elder Richards and I learned so much. We saw so many miracles and talked to so many good normal people.

We have been teaching a guy named Karl for a couple weeks now and he is so good. He is 20 and he is a baptist by choice. But he is really interested and has been reading and praying and when people do that they tend to receive an answer. Which is just so handy. 

I have seen a lot of little miracles this week. I don't have any mind blowing experiences but I have just felt the Lord's hand in the work so much. I have been reading in Alma lately and I just love the humility of those who receive a testimony. The Lord is only liberal to those who ask if they actually have a righteous desire to receive.

Well I don't have too much time to write this week but I am so happy and I pray for you all the time. Love you guys!


Elder Gurney 




January 20, 2014

So this has been such a long week, I don't even know where to begin.
I also don't have a lot of email time left so we will see how much I can write in 10 min.

So we had interviews on tuesday and they were so good. I love President Pilkington. He is so inspiring. We then had the priviledge to have Elder Goodwin to come out with us street contacting in our area after the meeting. He is one of the APs. He was so powerful! We had so much success finding it was incredible. We have been doing a lot better since then as well. I learned so much. 

We then did service for our bishop for like 5 hours on wednesday. We moved stuff up and down stairs for forever. It felt so good though. I love service.

I have learned a lot about relying on the Lord lately. We need to reach the point where we are working so hard that we cannot do it alone. We need to reach the point where we cry out to the Lord "Without thee I will fall". This is not just with missionary work but should be our drive our entire lives. We need to quit being complacent and comfortable and start progressing. Too often do members sit in their little slumps. We are always moving and if you aren't moving forward you are moving backward. You cannot stand still in this great work. But the blessing of it all is that we can find such an incredible joy in being uncomfortable. In working our absolute hardest. Someone once told me that you served a good mission if by the end you have worked so hard you cannot physically do it any longer. I believe it is the same with our lives on this earth. We need to move from amen to action.

I love you guys and I am so happy

Elder Gurney

No comments:

Post a Comment