Monday, September 29, 2014

September 22, 2014

Ah what a week!
Hugh Moses was baptised!! I will attach a couple of pictures. He is incredible and I love his family. Hopefully they will follow soon.

I love my Russian Companion! He is so full of faith and desire. I am really happy here.

So a member in our ward was companions with Stephen Covey when he was on his mission, so that was interesting to hear.

Me and Elder Korenkov have been teaching a girl named Jessica who has been investigating the church for 4 years. She started coming with her best friend, but her parents wouldn't let her be baptised till she was 18. She turned 18 last tuesday so she will be baptised on Sunday. Teaching her has been such a great experience, she already knows everything really so we get to focus more on strengthening her already growing testimony. Yesterday we got to teach her about the benefits of tithing and fasting and it just rang to clear in my head the principle of obedience. We do things because our Heavenly Father asks us to. All the blessings we receive are just icing on the cake.
Anyway, I love this church and know it is true. Alma 5:45-46

Love you,

Elder Gurney


Clockwise from left: 
Declan, Darius, Hugh, Anthea
Millicent, Jahrod, Larissa



No comments:

Post a Comment