Friday, September 12, 2014

September 9, 2014: I'm Staying!

Yay! Another transfer in Huddersfield! I am so excited.

So the ward is getting another team of Elders and my companion, Elder Carrano, and I are splitting up. He is going to train a new missionary in the ward, and I will be getting Elder Krankov from Russia! I have just been scoring with companions.  That makes; Sweden, Denmark, U.K./Canada, Germany, Utah, Italy, and Russia! I think I am going to have to go on a world tour some day.

It was a good week. We saw a lot of people at church which was great.I just love being a missionary.

So I can't remember if it was this week or last week, but we were knocking one morning and this Jewish man let us in. He was very friendly, but he did NOT believe in Jesus Christ as the son of God. We had a good chat and I learned a lot about the Jewish faith. It made me realize how many misconceptions I had before had. We invited him to pray and ask God if Jesus Christ was his only begotten son and he said he wouldn't.
Then the other day we got talking to a muslim man who was one of the nicest people I have met. He runs a little fruit and veg shop and he says he will give us some apples next time we come by. I just really love people.

Anyway I am happy!

Love you guys
Elder Gurney

No comments:

Post a Comment