Monday, November 17, 2014

November 17, 2014

I haven't seen the sun in a long time.

Look outside. Yep there is sunlight. Not here!

Well anyway despite the lack of sunlight Huddersfield is fantastic. This has been my shortest area, but one of my favorites. I told the assistants the other day that if I got transferred on December 3rd I would cry. Like real life tears. They said they would keep that in mind...it is easier to convince the APs than God though. We will see what happens.

I was reading the last chapter of John this morning, well skimming it, I didn't have much time. But I was thinking about Peter and all he had been asked to do and leave. I watched Holland's MTC talk "feed my sheep" which is fantastic if you can find it. Once we are called. It is forever. Sure a mission is 2 years but our call as disciples of jesus christ is for forever.

It has been a fast week with a lot of meetings. On Wednesday we had zone conference which was incredible. Then we had stake conference during the weekend, but prayers were answered and my talk got canceled:) We had an area seventy, Elder Charles, presiding and it was a fantastic meeting. Hugh Moses, the man who was baptised on September 20th gave a talk and it was incredible. I don't want to sound biased or anything but I think his talk was the best one there...he spoke about how the missionaries came around and all they did was ask him to read and pray and he kept saying God has stopped talking to me. But finally he did it and it was the trick. He very quickly gained a testimony and was baptised after that. We had the privilege of having lunch with them after church and it was so great. I love that family so much. The gospel has improved their home so much. They are such an incredible family without the gospel and the gospel in their home has made it even better. I think I got a glimpse of the promise in D&C about great shall be their joy in heaven.

Anyway I love this gospel. I know it is true. It makes me so happy to know that. I know that one of the best ways to grow close to the Saviour is to embrace his Atonement and study his life.

I love you guys!

Elder Gurney

No comments:

Post a Comment