Monday, March 17, 2014

March 17, 2014

Wow another week gone by! It is ridiculous how fast weeks pass by.

Well I am really really happy. It seems like just yesterday I was rebuking everyone for telling me a mission is easy. I now understand. We really need to rely on the Lord in this work.

This week has been interesting. Friday morning while I was shaving, the phone rings. It is President Pilkington so I answer with shaving cream all over my face. He asks if we will come open the front door for him. The flat was a mess. I hurried and got as ready as I could (This was during breakfast) and opened the door. Everyone disappeared. Ha so anyway he stayed and observed some of our planning. It was a nice time, I learned so much. I will tell you, the flat is clean now. 

I have been learning a lot about obedience lately. Especially about the spirit of the law. Me and Elder Schwarzkopf have been trying to be perfectly obedient to mission rules and we can see the blessings of it. I have specifically been trying to not find loopholes or using any little bit of justification in my obedience (spirit of the law) and it has been showing. Maybe not in baptisms, but I notice when we go out finding we have better conversations, people are nicer and are more interested.

  20 There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated—

 21 And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated.
- D&C 130:20-21

I know that the Lord loves us so much that he desires to bless us. We just have to let Him.

I love you guys!


Elder Gurney

 I love knocking

Teaching drunks at a bar!
Selfies with Jews     


No comments:

Post a Comment