Monday, March 24, 2014

March 24, 2014

So it has been a busy week in Leeds. A busy transfer! I cannot believe it is week 5 of the transfer. I felt like I just got to England five minutes ago!

I want to tell you today about the Rojas family. Alex and Elizabeth Rojas are from Chile and are here so that Sister Rojas can teach English. They have been here for like 4 or 5 months. We meet with them like maybe once or twice a week. Brother Rojas is not very good with English but is learning. He is such a humble man. They literally have nothing here in England but Brother Rojas has been to known to give missionaries the umbrella from over his head and the tie off his neck. I love this family so much. The reason I wanted to talk about them today is because they helped me realize how privileged we are to have the gospel. They have nothing but the church in this country, and it is all they need. Everything else just seems to work out. We all have so many worldly things we want, and yes they are nice to have, but all that really matters in this life is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that is where true happiness comes from. It is not just a nice idea that helps us through hard times like I am told everyday by those who don't have a faith, but it is the ONLY thing that can possibly get us through this life, back to our Heavenly Father. 

I am happy here doing the Lord's work. I miss all of you terribly but I know this is where I will be happiest. I know the Lord is watching over all of you and I know that if I keep working hard he will continue to do so. Don't take this gospel for granted. You need it.

I love you guys,


Elder Gurney

No comments:

Post a Comment