Tuesday, April 7, 2015

March 30, 2015

Well another week has flown by. But things are going good here in Grimsby. Our teaching pool has been growing steadily, which is really nice.

So you guys might remember a few weeks ago about the woman named Sue whose door we knocked on and she didn't want to listen to us but was willing to let us do her garden. Well me and Elder Carrigan have been going there about twice a week since then and doing the garden, which was extremely overgrown. Over that time we got to know her and her son a lot better and after we finished we asked if we could come over and tell them why we came thousands of miles to do her garden. Well they accepted and we went last night to teach them. They are fantastic. Sue is especially prepared for the gospel. Her only issue with everything we taught her is that the Book of Mormon had too small of print. Well we have a large print one waiting for her now.

Our week has been really good and we have seen a lot of blessings. To think back when we got her 3 months ago we had nothing. I am dreading what might happen during transfers next week.

I just wanted to share a thought from President Monson's talk Guided Safely Home. He says; "A man without a purpose is like a ship without a rudder, never likely to reach home port."

This makes me question what my purpose is, which is something I think we all need to do. I believe that a lot of people think they have a purpose. Most of them probably even have it centered on something that is an eternal principle like family, charity or service. But although the principle might be eternal is the actuality of it eternal? Is the family eternal? Is the service heartfelt? Does the charity stem from the love of Christ? It is an extremely good opportunity to do some self reflection at this time of year, as the disciples did after the ascension of Christ. "Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these?" John 21:15.

I know that this church is true. I know the gospel is what brings and keeps the family together, and I am so grateful for that.

I love all you guys! Have a great week!


Elder Gurney

No comments:

Post a Comment