Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Week 11

Hello everyone! Or should I say hiya y'aright?

England has been so brilliant! It warmed up a little the last few days so that has been a blessing! I still need to buy a coat and stuff though.

So some sad news...Charlie does not want to join the church anymore! "I am a definite supporter or the Mormons but I just don't feel it is right for me". So hey that bummed us out a little. Thankfully the Lord watches out for us! This week a man named Leroy walked up to us on the street and told us he used to meet with missionaries in the past so we started teaching him. He is brilliant! He has been in and out of prison in the past but the last time he came out he went to church in Leeds with his sister who had joined while he was in prison and he loved it. So we are really excited to see where that goes.

Have I mentioned the Chinna family before? Well Sheela Chinna has 11 daughters. Yep, 11. She lives with her partner who is pretty anti and thinks he is a born again prophet of sorts? I don't know, we don't see much of him but the family is so great. Indion who is 12 loves coming to church and has only missed once since I have been here. So much potential in that family.

Something I learned this week. Oh! so at the start of the Isaiah chapters in 2 Nephi if you look at the footnotes it talks about how out of the 433 verses of Isaiah that are quoted only about 200 are the same as the KJV of the bible. Less that half! I thought that was super interesting.

This morning during breakfast I was reading an Ensign article about receiving revelation for ourselves. It uses the story of Nephi and him breaking his bow and how he doesn't just complain and pray asking for a new bow, he went to work! He built a new bow and starting hunting and while he was hunting he asked for guidance. He was already working when he asked for help. I cannot remember who said it but a quote I love is something like "Pray as if it all depends on God, then work as if it all depends on you."

I know that as we seek to learn we will find. "ask and ye shall recieve, knock and it shall be opened unto you" is repeated 120 times in some form in the standard works. I know that as we ask and pray often, then work and study and knock, God will answer our prayers. He loves us enough to help us reach our potential. He knows and loves every single one of us.

I pray for you all the time! Love you

Elder Gurney

No comments:

Post a Comment