Friday, September 20, 2013

Week 10

Wow what a fantastic week! I love being a missionary!
Okay so I found out it doesn't rain as much here as everyone says....or maybe I'm just getting used to it. It is nice and sunny today, a little cold and windy, but sunny. There are some days where it just pours though sometimes. Last week we we're going to tea at a members home and it was like a 10-15 minute walk to and from the metro and it just poured. On the way back my coat was just a joke. I was absolutely drenched. But hey I was loving it. Me and Elder Krylborn were just singing Taking Back Sunday songs the whole way (that's spiritual.....right?).
We finally are in our new flat and finally have beds and finally are settled! It felt like that whole process took entirely too long. But hey the mission takes care of us. We are living way above missionary standards right now. The flat is just massive. It is a house actually. That means in the next few transfers the area could be getting two more missionaries but we will see.
So in Newcastle yesterday there were people from like the Ensign doing a story about the chinese teams in the area, so yeah i know all of them when you see the next ensign! I went on splits with Elder Liu from mainland china. Such a good elder.
So miracle at church yesterday! We have been working with this indian lady named shiela and her 11 (yes 11) daughters. One of her daughters comes to church every week and is twelve. We have been trying to get her mom to come to church for weeks but she just won't. Sister Thompson invited them all after a really powerful lesson on friday and she said eh probably not. But then on Sunday part way through sacrament she walks in with 3 of her daughters! It was amazing! We then sung Our Lovely Deseret (307). Yeah worst hymn ever for investigators. Look it up. But she loved it! We are meeting with her family again tonight.
I wish I could write more because there are so many different things this week that are truly blessings from the Lord. I have been studying a lot about like where happiness comes from the last little bit. Not really consciously, but just looking back. It is so simple. Not easy, but simple. I promise everyone that reads there scriptures and prays everyday, will generally be happy. Or at least happier that they would be without. The Book of Mormon is the most powerful book ever written. I have come to have such a love for my personal Book of Mormon. I hope everyone strives to have that.
I love this Gospel and I am so happy to be sharing it with people. Jesus Christ is the light of the world. His gospel has but one purpose, to bring joy unto all of us.
I love you and pray for you everyday!

Elder Gurney


No comments:

Post a Comment