Thursday, December 19, 2013

December 16, 2013

So this week has been great! I just love England.

The week went by super fast. I was so surprised. We did a lot of things that kept us busy. We did service like all of wednesday for a man in the ward named Michael Taylor. He needed help moving house. Then on thursday we had Patrick Kearon come and speak to the mission. He was so fantastic!

He talked a lot about "getting stuck in" and to do missionary work with "real intent". The quote I gathered from the conference was; 
"If you always do what you have always done, you will get what you always got."
-Patrick Kearon
So it was super inspiring and I have a new energy in the work now!

Natasha is doing good. She is really excited for her baptism but we got a phone call last night and she was pretty upset. Her best friend was just diagnosed terminally ill with leukemia. We have just been praying that she will turn towards Heavenly Father for strength and support at this time.

Saturday night I got a call from the bishopric and 10 pm asking me to speak in the morning for 10-20 minutes as the final speaker in sacrament meeting. I was really excited and had about an hour in the morning to prepare, but then the alarm didn't go off and we all woke up late. So I didn't have nearly as much time to prepare, but hey I hope it went okay.

I was asked to speak on how teaching about The Saviour has brought me closer to him. It was supposed to spark the interest of sharing the gospel in the ward. I learned so much preparing and giving the talk. One of the things I said that caught me by surprise while I was speaking was that I have a really hard time recognizing my testimony unless I am sharing it with someone. I had been wondering how I can recognize my testimony more about a week ago. But I was so excited when I found this out. It makes me so excited to just go up to people and bear my testimony to them.

Hey this gospel is true. It makes me so happy to say that. I know that the scriptures are given to us to help build our faith. I know that by reading them everyday and applying the things they teach with give us that testimony that makes us so happy. 

Love you!


Elder Gurney



No comments:

Post a Comment