Monday, December 9, 2013

December 9, 2013

Hey everyone!

So this week has gone by so fast!! I am sorry my emails have been lacking lately. North Shields is as good as ever! But it is starting to get cold. I guess it doesn't snow a lot here because we are right next to the coast.

Elder Sim is so much fun. He is such a good missionary as well. I wish I was like him when I came out. Way more prepared than me ha. You guys need to look up his videos on YouTube. He made a video called "Stuff Mormons Say" and it is really big here. All the dodgy young women in the stake love him.

We had an adventure earlier this week. So friday morning I woke up and went to do sit ups with the radiator holding my feet. As I sat down I held onto it for balance and the whole thing ripped out of the wall. This thing is big and heavy. We managed to prop it up and hold it with weight from the bench press but we lost our heating. Friday night was the coldest night ever. We all huddled in out bed room with one little space heater for a couple hours before bed then turned it off and woke up and turned it on at like 5 30. The house was so cold. We studied with coats and gloves and scarfs. I'll attach pictures.

I have been really focusing on study from the scriptures themselves. President Pilkington has been trying to show us where things like Preach My Gospel come from and it is so powerful. Every bit of doctrine comes from the standard works and it is so fun and interesting to find that by yourself. I really hope everyone reading this is reading their scriptures as often as they can, because mine sat on my desk for 17 years and I never touched them. Biggest regret.

Hey I love you guys, I pray for you and I appreciate everything you do for me.

Elder Gurney


"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." -Winston Churchill



No comments:

Post a Comment