Thursday, April 24, 2014

April 21, 2014: From Leeds with Love

Hey everyone!

What a week! I cannot believe it how fast it has gone. It is all just a blur.

England is starting to warm up, on some days. Yesterday is one of the best P days I have had on my mission (it was a bank holiday and the library was closed, that is why I am emailing today) and I didn't take a single picture! I am really upset. We went to the APs flat and had a BBQ. They and another team of missionaries just moved into this new flat with a back garden that opens right into a massive park. It was so much fun. Sometimes it is just really nice to relax with other missionaries.

This Easter weekend has been something special. Church on Sunday was so good. Elder Vingoe who is one of the institute couple missionaries spoke and it was so powerful. It really is a special time of year.

So let me tell you about Kay. Kay is a less active member who we were referred to though mormon.org. It turns out she served a mission back in the 70s and she was still in touch with an old companion, who referred her. She has been less active for about 10 years but she wants to come back so badly. She came to church on sunday and she loved it, and when we taught her about the nature of God last night, The Spirit was so strong. We just discussed for over half and hour about the relationship we have with God and what that really means. It really made me realize how we all need to understand this relationship, even if we have been in the church for 30 years. It is important to reflect on it often.
We Are Everything To God
"This is a paradox of man: compared to God, man is nothing; yet we are everything to God. While against the backdrop of infinite creation we may appear to be nothing, we have a spark of eternal fire burning within out breast. We have the incomprehensible promise of exaltation-worlds without end- within our grasp. And it is God's great desire to help us reach it." -Dieter F. Uchtdorf

I love all of you. I love this church and I know that it is true. I know that God is there and that he loves and cares for us so much. 


Elder Gurney

No comments:

Post a Comment