Monday, August 18, 2014

August 11, 2014

Hey everyone!

Well we enjoyed the tail end of your hurricane yesterday.....not. That was some of the worst rain I have seen on my mission. Good thing we had a tea appointment during the worst of it:)

I love Huddersfield. It took me a little while to adjust to it and the ward, but it is fantastic. This ward is so diverse in every way, I love it. There are everything from generation old member millionaires to the most humble of converts. The two common factors are that they share the church, and they share the same joy and light that only the gospel can bring. I love it here.

So the Moses family came to sacrament meeting yesterday! Well all except the 17 and 1 yr old sons. They loved it. The ward fellowshipped them incredibly. The father Hugh is ready for baptism but he is teaching a course at the college for the next 3 weeks, on a Sunday. So we will help him prepare to be baptised right after that, and hopefully his family will be ready to join him by then as well. Elder Carrano and Elder Fangata'a are going to do a FHE there tomorrow night because I am going to Halifax for the next couple days. It is going to go great.

Well I love the mission more and more everyday.

I love you guys!

Elder Gurney

No comments:

Post a Comment