Wednesday, August 6, 2014

August 4, 2014: Hello from Huddersfield!

 I had to say goodbye to Leeds last week, which was really hard, but I am loving Huddersfield! It is a weird town. I was told it is the largest town in the UK. They won't class it as a city because it doesn't have a cathedral. The people are friendly though.

We have a massive teaching pool here. The biggest I have had on my entire mission. I am serving with Elder Carrano from Italy! He is so good. He just makes super good Italian food all the time. The ward is massive as well. Maybe 120-150 members. Biggest I have had. It is just us two to the ward as well so we get fed really good. Our flat is a dump though. Can't have it all I guess!

We are teaching a family of 7. The Moses family. Hugh, the dad, had a background of Jewish beliefs. The kids range from 17-3 and they are all so good. Well the17 year old is a punk, but apparently he likes to ski so we will have something to talk about. Deckland, who is 15 is going to come play basketball today with all the Elders in the zone.

Well I am really happy. I love all of you, have a good week.

my new address:
520 Leeds Road
Huddersfield HD2 1YW
England

Elder Gurney

ps still waiting for a lot of you to email me about that challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment